31 July 2015

Japanese Knot bag


I fancied a change!!

Crazy Mom Tats visited me a month or so ago and very kindly gave me some fabric.  I find it hard to buy fabric except online.  We have a very expensive shop in town that charges an arm and a leg for their stuff.  There's a tiny shop in Alcester where I go to Crafternoon and theirs is a little cheaper but there's nothing as good as I can get in America when I visit so Sandra's gift was amazing.

Now stupidly I'd left the stash of new fabric out a few weeks ago when Liz and Jim came over for a family get together.  Liz spotted the cats!!!  She's got cats and loves anything with a cat design on it.   She asked if I could make her a bag.  Now I knew that the little square bags were probably of little or no use to her (she doesn't tat!) and I'm not sure if the print is too big for them too. (That will be tested in the future!!!). So, having been shown a Japanese knot bag I decided I'd research that as a possible task. 

I found two designs - one a floppy saggy design which would be easy peasy and the other with a round bottom (not quite so easy). Me, being me, decided to 'go' with the latter!!! When I showed the finished item to Nick he didn't quite know how to tactfully tell me that the handles weren't the same!!! I had to smile. I then showed him how the bag closed and he was well impressed. So, that was that. Then somebody asked whether I was going to make them for the Etsy shop!!!  Now, what do you all think?  It's actually a great size for carrying tatting around in. Any comments welcome.


11 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I actually have a couple of that style bag that my daughter made for me. I find them to come in quite handy! I say go for it, Jane!

Maureen said...

Yes!! - Ginny Weathers made one of these for me and it's so useful, and not just for tatting. Brilliant design. I love mine. You can even carry your lunch in it.

Cindy said...

Cute fabric! I love these bags - I use one for my camera gear :)

Madtatter80 said...

Very chic love the style!

muskaan said...

Very nice, very clever ! And it is ergonomic in terms of sewing - no fiddling with zippers or buttons or flaps, etc. !
Casual, too. Love it .

God's Kid said...

That bag looks great!! :) I am sure someone will love them!!! :)

Michelle said...

I have one that I use for certain projects. Yours is wonderful and whimsical with the cats.

Marla said...

Love the fabric and the bag looks very interesting.... you really should make more of them.

Sally Kerson said...

The bag is great and how clever of you to get it made so quickly. Really must try to make one myself

Elizabeth in Weat Virginia said...

YES PLEASE!!!! I would LOVE one, or two!!

Claire said...

I love that fabric, and the bag looks very interesting.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.