27 July 2015

Round 8 finished


There you are!!! Round 8 of the Jan doily done and dusted. 

I've been trying to understand myself and this addiction. 

Is it because it's an easy tat with the added frisson of working out the bead placements and the actual stitch count? Or is it because I'm not really worrying about it?

All I really know is that I can't put it down. I've a new design which I really ought to be working on but whenever I sit down I choose the doily!!! Maybe I'll give up on designing and just stick to tatting which is what I mainly did for the first thirty to forty or so years.

11 comments:

muskaan said...

If you stop designing, it will be a Huge loss to all tatters --- present And down the generations ! BC3 has so much to offer ... It will Not be pleased :-D
Your doily is looking very elegantly beautiful . Happy tatting :-)

Jane McLellan said...

Fabulous! Not a bad idea to give BC 3 a holiday now and then.

La navette aux bijoux said...

Your doily is really wonderfull ! And I really love seeing your own designs.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your doily looks wonderful, Jane! You're way ahead of me now. I've not really tatted for four days now, but that's okay. It's not a race, right? :-)

Ninetta said...

BC3 is on holiday, you'd rather tat as much as you can of the beautiful doily, when she(BC3) come back you won't have free time any more!

Jane Eborall said...

Love all your comments today - thanks!!! BC3 WILL be back when his holiday is over!!

God's Kid said...

Your doily is very beautiful!!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

You're making quick progress! I'm still loving the subdued colors, and also agree with the idea of fewer picots. Sometimes it's fun to 'just tat', and it's a vacation for BC3, who will return vitalized and refreshed!

Fox said...

Pretty. The beads are a nice addition. : )

Elizabeth said...

I really like your colors. I am only on row 5. It is all white but now I wish I had used colors.

Helen said...

Its absolutely gorgeous.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.