12 May 2017

A story of a t-shirt!


I bought a t-shirt!!! 

Some people buy dresses but I'm not a dress sort of person!!! I prefer casual or even below casual!!!! 

I bought a couple of t-shirts recently in a cheap shop in town. I like them lots but they're very plain - just like me. Plain Jane!!!! 

So, what does a tatter do with a plain piece of clothing? Well, of course, they yank out some shuttles and attack it with thread. 

I've done a simple split ring braid which I've sewn slightly inwards of the edge. As the t-shirt was cheap I didn't want to spend too much time adding to it as it may well go skanky after a few washes. Mean is what I am!!!  

The true colour is shown in the third picture.  Well, roughly!



11 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like making that braid, it works well as a handbag project. Then I use it to decorate nighties etc. So this gets thumbs up from me!

Tim Kaylor said...

I think it looks nice. Good job on that.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm a t-shirt girl, too. I've never dressed one up, though. Lovely work, Jane!

Sewicked said...

I have a couple t-shirts that need this treatment.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Beautiful job, and great embellishment! It appears that you sewed down every picot. Just the thought of that wears me out!

Jane Eborall said...

That's a good idea, Jane. Handbags.

Jane Eborall said...

Every picot but it doesn't take long.

GoldenMom said...

LOVE this! I thoroughly enjoy embellishing LOTS of things with my tatting: sweaters, canvas grocery bags, quilting blocks, etc. And, I really don't mind sewing down the picots either - seems therapeutic to me.

God's Kid said...

Wonderful decoration for that shirt!! :)

Bernice said...

Great way to jazz up a plain T-shirt. Looks very proper.

Karen said...

So attractive.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.