17 May 2017

Another task finished

I managed to put the beads together yesterday and this is the resulting necklace. I'm pleased with it although it took some re-working to get the chain parts the right lengths to suit my scraggy turkey neck.

I quite enjoy working with two pairs of pliers and a split ring opening tool thingie. 

When it was all done I gave it a good 'dose' of fabric protector spray stuff. I think mine is Scotchgard and I've had it for many, many years. This gives any jewellery protection from your body oils - well, that's what I tell myself!!!!

Unfortunately the pattern won't be available for a while as I've been given more beads by a neighbour.  These are a lot bigger than the three sizes I've used on this project so I'm going to have to do a bigger pattern for them.  I doubt they will be suitable to wear as jewellery but I really, really think they're going to become fantastic Christmas decorations.  

10 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

That is a really cute necklace. Will you wear it?

Jane Eborall said...

Probably not, Tim!!!!

Tim Kaylor said...

Well, I bet there is a grand-daughter that will!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Cute necklace! I've tried playing with wire. We don't get along well... enough said.

Pigmini said...

Send it "up north' Miss!!! Vbg

Crazy Mom! said...

This is COOL!

Sewicked said...

That looks like a very festive necklace.

Jane McLellan said...

Fabulous!

God's Kid said...

So awesome!!!!! :)

Bernice said...

That turned out great.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.