16 May 2017

Thank you

A VERY BIG thank you to Renulek for her 2017 doily. I've really enjoyed the adventure and have (even after all these years) found I have learned something through making it!!!

The way Renulek presents her doilies is very different to the way I do. That's NOT a bad thing as I'm sure my way of 'doing things' isn't perfect by any means. It's just a different way. I've really enjoyed this as it does leave the tatter to work things out for themselves which has really perked up BC3. I just hope that Renulek does another next year as I reckon I'll take part.

Also a big thanks must go out to Jill who sent me a multitude of fine threads which caused me to start the doily to experiment with them and Sally who said 'why don't you do HWT'?  My doily measures 18½" from point to opposite point.  It may be good to compare with other doilies shuttle tatted in size 20 thread.

The final row was made with the rings being two shades of blue and the chains with blue and black threads.  It sort of 'contains' the whole thing, I think.

I am NOT a doily person and have none out around the house. In fact they usually go into one of the tatting boxes and get forgotten about!!! Sadly that's what will happen to this one as it's always the making that fascinates me - not the finished item!!!

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Splendid!

Tim Kaylor said...

Well, if you just don't want it, you could drop it off next time you are in town here. Hehe. Beautiful doily, Jane. It needs to be shown.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a fabulous doily! All those gorgeous need to be displayed. I have a willing table! ;-)

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful like a rainbow 😀💟😀

God's Kid said...

That is so gorgeous, and wayyyy too gorgeous to go into a box and be forgotten!! :)

Crazy Mom! said...

I'll happily find a good home for it! It's gorgeous

Unknown said...

you could always frame it and display it on a wall. Lovely work. I'm really enjoying your blog, it keeps me motivated to challenge myself.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Maggs. That's a good idea - I MAY do that if I can find a spare bit of wall somewhere!!! I'll tell you a secret - my blogging keeps me motivated too and I enjoy a good challenge too!!

Ladytats said...

gorgeous, and i do like a dark border, i think it sets it off

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.