7 October 2017

Then on to

The serious side of the trip!!! Well, with tatters around things can never be 'that' serious!! 

First of all I was taken to Len's Mill which was really close to the hotel where the Fringe was taking place. It was like walking into an Alladin's cave! Quite literally when you went down the stairs!  Here we found the fabric you can see below. Of course I had to buy some!!! We also met other tatters who were on their way to the hotel too - a happy, happy meet up before the event. 

I also found some Miyuki beads which were a very good price.

So after that bit of excitement we (that's Kelly, Vicky and I) headed towards the venue - the Best Western where Tat Days moved into 'setting up' mode. The organisers just swing into the place and it all goes like a smoothly working machine. I'm always amazed at how these things 'just happen' although I do know that there's about 12 months planning that's gone on before.

My first class was the heart which you can see here. I'll upload the pattern within the next week or so. That took care of the afternoon!!! Onto the evening next time I blog!!!

10 comments:

Maureen said...

I think there might be some new tatting bags in your etsy shop soon! What a wonderful find. You are Back in Place again and it's always good to read about your travels.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do like that fabric!

Tim Kaylor said...

So, that is a fabric with tatting printed on it? I think Maureen is on to something!

Cindy said...

I really do love that fabric! I purchased different colors of this line, and now I'm hoarding it for "just the right things"! I can't wait to see what you make.

connie said...

Could someone post the name of this fabric and manufacturer. I’d love to make pillowcase trim with it. Thank You

Cindy said...

The fabric line is "Lost and Found Love" - Riley Blake. Nothing to do with tatting? LOL

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Cindy. You're a STAR.

Pigmini said...

Eee pleased to see you back safely! Now that fabric.... it belongs to that tatty og in Yorkshire!!! Lol

God's Kid said...

Wonderful fabric!! :)

Lelia said...

http://www.letssew.com/lost-and-found-love-lace-floral-in-black.html

this is the fabric

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.