29 March 2018

Another!

When you've got the hang of bauble tatting these critters are very straightforward to work. BUT the starting off can be a pain as it's so, so fiddly!!! 

You wouldn't believe it but I spent HOURS starting this blue eyed mouse off.  I just couldn't get it right. Sheer persistence and a wealth of patience got me there in the end. 

For those who want a copy of this book I'm pretty sure it's available in most tatting suppliers shops but it can also be found here too.  Straight from the Houtz brothers themselves.

Now, what shall I do next?!??!

11 comments:

Pigmini said...

He needs a blue mouse with white ears and pink eyes to chat and snuggle with!! Vbg

Jane McLellan said...

Your meese are too realistic for comfort!

Madtatter80 said...

This little guy is perfect, it's funny how we spend such time working things out with tatting and it's even better you have something to show for it๐Ÿ’–

Maureen said...

A pink mouse! With green eyes. I still can't make them, although I did manage a sort of bauble last year. One Day when I can stop knitting for new grandchildren and those who are about to be born, then I might have some Mouse Time.

Lavinia said...

Perseverance is the key to success! :) Your mouse is really cute! I wonder if there is any pattern for realistic looking cheese for your realistic looking mousey :)

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Lavi Damian-Boja - that's hilarious. I wonder if I could make a realistic cheese?!?!?!?

Tim Kaylor said...

Jane, I agree. Starting one of these is as fiddly as a violin. Nice when they are finished, though.

Valerie said...

Trick is: once you get the hang of making one, make many more... LOL

Jane Eborall said...

I agree, Val, but having made a few in the past and one already I really lost the plot on this one!!!!

Tim Kaylor said...

By the way, I hear Randy is coming to Tat Days this fall.

Jane Eborall said...

Ooooh, Tim, you know how to make me jealous!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.