26 March 2018

A mouse has appeared!


When I was sorting out my tatting cupboard I found some teardrop beads that Jane K had given me when I was in Canada. I had put them away really safely which is a BIG mistake!!! 

She gave them to me on my first trip over to that wonderful country so these had been stored safely for over two years. I had admired her little 'Houtz Mouz' (sorry, couldn't resist that bad spelling) and it's eyes particularly. 

So here's my first mouse of this phase of my tatting addiction.

There's something SO relaxing about making these critters and the reaction when you show people is amazing too.  I think there will be more to come so prepare to be inundated with Houtz critters.

5 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

I suppose I need to get busy and join the exclusive club.

God's Kid said...

I am not a mouse person, but it's kind of cute!! :)

Pigmini said...

So which Houtz is the aforementioned Mouz?? Vbg

Couldn't resist it!

Alka Gudadhe said...

Amazing! Crochet mouse I made but tatted mouse is new for me.

Jane Eborall said...

Alka - they're not easy to get the hang of at first but after making the first one you become addicted!!! You need the book by Randy and Gary Houtz and their link is here http://www.gr-8shuttles.com/tatting_gr8_baubles.shtml

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.