24 July 2018

Yesterday I met another tatter

Well it's very, very hot here in town and appropriate weather to meet up with an Australian tatter called Vanessa who was passing through town with her hubby.

Now you'll never believe it. I've lived in this town for almost 75 years and lost  my bearings yesterday!!! 

Vanessa contacted me via Facebook and I gave her my phone number so she could say where she was when she got here. I'd just arrived at the library where I volunteer as a tutor for silver surfers, when she rang. I asked where she was and she said the Riverside Cafe. 

Well I hadn't a CLUE where that was so had to google it!!! It's actually the cafe in the theatre which just doesn't make sense to my wee brain as surely that's the 'Theatre Cafe'. OK, it's by the river as the theatre is built right on the banks of the Avon but to call it something else doesn't make sense - well not to BC3!!!

Anyway, once Mr Google had sorted me out I toddled down there to meet Vanessa. We sat and talked (tatting mainly, of course) for about an hour before it was time for them to go and me to make my way back to the library.

I love meeting up with fellow addicts so if you're ever round my neck of the woods just let me know.


3 comments:

Pigmini said...

Been there , dunned tat!!!

Hope you both had fun!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's fun to meet up with other tatters! I remember a time in Cincinnati...

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, that was a wonderful day in Cincinnati, Diane. You, Sue Anna and yours truly in Panera Bread for hours and hours.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.