26 September 2018

Another leaf!!!


Here's another of Ruth's Tischband leaves. This is done with another thread.

I suppose you'll want to know which thread it is so I'd better tell you!!! Yesterday's thread was Oren Bayan 034 and today's is the same make and the colour is 033. They're both lovely to work with and I think they must work out at around a 40 - 60 in size. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I must've bought them YEARS ago when Lyn Morton had Tatting and Design. 

I've also got another of the Turkish metallic threads (Nakis Simi) which you can find here. This is my all time favourite metallic thread but unfortunately the shade of gold that they do isn't 'right' for this project. I've used it here, though.

6 comments:

Pigmini said...

And the gold one is out of stock:-( got red n green tho!!

God's Kid said...

Another great leaf! :)

Tim Kaylor said...

Wouldn't a pair of them make a beautiful set of earrings?

Jane Eborall said...

I hadn't thought of that, Tim. I must make a pair.

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, they would make lovely earrings. I think this thread shows the structure of the leaf better than yesterday’s thread.

Ladytats said...

I like your leaves, Ruth's pattern works up great. I have a coaster on my desk at work with 4 of Ruth's leaves and 4 corner flowers. Will post a pic of the coaster on your FB post

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.