20 September 2018

Back to baubles


Well I never did tell you how I did this so I decided to make another pair of the earwigs to get the pattern sorted. 

The pattern won't make any sense unless you've already got your head round bauble making. The thing that I'm MOST pleased about is the way I've managed to made this with 8 ribs plus the shuttle and chain thread but finish it off with only 3 ends to hide!!! BC3 had one of his most devious moments doing this. I'm in the process of writing it down.

Now having made this first bell using Lizbeth metallic I realised that it's too big for an earring - even for me!!!! So, the aged brain has decided it's going to have some companions and be turned into some type of Christmas decoration!!!!

In these pictures I haven't yet added the clangers so you'll have to wait for those!!!


5 comments:

craftie sylvie said...

This will be so pretty in the Christmas tree! Mind you earrings would be terrific too! What size of thread do you think is more appropriate for earrings?

Pigmini said...

Size is always a challenge isn't it? There again there's a major difference between tatted Liz metallic and Liz 20!!

They look good tho!!

Jane Eborall said...

I usually use a size 20 thread for earrings, craftie sylvie.
I agree, Pigmini, the metallic does work up larger. Bit of a pain but it's SO lovely.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!

God's Kid said...

It's a wonderful Christmas bell!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.