17 September 2018

August Snowflake


A little more progress has been made on the pattern for the August snowflake and I hope to get it up onto my site later this week. It takes so long as there are so many things to be checked before I get it 'up there'!!!

Over the past year or two I've ditched the free software available to use on a Mac to make documents and have changed over entirely to the software that comes with the machine - Pages. I'll admit that I've tried it several times over the years and have never been happy with it - until now. It's unbelievably simple to use and I love the way I can move my drawings around without having to set everything in 'tables'. Of course this new (to me) software has taken time to learn!!!

Anyway, here are three of the August snowflake motifs now put together. I suddenly decided to reverse the colours on the top one to see what it would look like. It will form the centre of the mat/doily, I think!!!

7 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

This is a whole nother skill to learn computers and keep up with them. It's like the photo skills and how cameras have worked. Just because of the beautiful snowflakes ❄💙❄

Maureen said...

Wonderful negative trefoil/clover. I didn't think that joining them would work, but it does!

Jane McLellan said...

Good for you for learning a new way of doing things. They do join well, I look forward to seeing your progress.

God's Kid said...

So pretty!!! :)

linb54 said...

Very pretty! You are right joining them does work!

Riet Surtel said...

Hello Jane I like the design, but that is not why I have a comment.
I will thank you for the special hug Gloria brought me yesterday at the mall
Thank you so much we had a lot of fun At this moment I am on my own Pam is to the dentist with Jerry and his sister Katie I stay at home and do the wash for her I can do that, only totally different how I do the wash at home. At least this is something that I can do for her.
Lots of things happened over here Mrs Grace The lady that should become 100 years in December
and who always played scrabble with Pam and me died just the week before I arrived in the States
OK I have to go to go on with the wash
Lots of love and big hugs
Riet the B-engel

Jane Eborall said...

Thank you for passing on the hug, Riet. I hope, hope, hope I will get to see you all next year. Keep a BIG hug for yourself from me.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.