12 November 2018

Bells galore!

I'm still working on the bells!!! I'm afraid I've got rather hooked on these!! 

I had a hunt through my threads and decided that the ones I'd got from Sue Hanson a while ago needed another 'airing' so these are made with some of those. No idea what thread it is but she'd wound them onto little card thingies as 3 strands of HWT. Naturally I decided to be awkward and 'reassign' them to two threads wound HWT!!! 

The thread is lovely to use (and re-wind too!) and not a single inch was lost in the process!! Amazing really. 

You can see that the one on the left has a 'dip' at the top which was an experiment but one which I'm not going to follow up on. 

Well, actually it was a mistake, to be honest!!! It was an evening when I was really tired and I missed the split ring coming out of the centre!!! 

5 comments:

Maureen said...

The mistaken bell has a dent in it,much better to keep your split rings and your wits about you! I like this bell, it has a good shape.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like your dented bell! They do have a nice shape!

God's Kid said...

Both look great!! :) The "mistaken" bell just has it's own character. ;)

Katie V in NC said...

Lovely bells, Jane!! You go, girl!!!
Katie V in NC

Tim Kaylor said...

To the tintinabulation that so musically wells
From the bells, bells, bells, bells,
Bells, bells, bells—
From the jingling and the tinkling of the bells. - Poe

Now don't get caught up in it!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.