6 November 2018

Crochet finished

Well as I said back here - winter is coming!!

I'd just started this waistcoat back then and meant to take some work in progress pictures but, as you can see, I forgot!!!

This was an easy straightforward piece of crochet once I'd worked out how many chains to start with. If you look back at the link you can see that the bottom of the original is quite different to the top yoke part. I didn't like the look of the lacy bit but the stitch count was different (and the hook size) between the two patterns.

BC3 had to work out how many stitches he/she needed. All went well until it came to the finishing off. I was appalled to find there was no guidance whatsoever on how many double crochets to make round the armhole or down the front/neck. Still I did it and I must say I'm pretty darn pleased with it too. I've EVEN worn it!!!!


4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Love that, well done!

God's Kid said...

It looks great!! :)

Martha said...

Very nice. I like your understated effect better than the original pattern.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks everybody. Martha - I'm thinking hard about undoing the original cardigan and re-purposing the yarn. Not quite sure what for just yet!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.