11 December 2018

Tiny star OR snowflake


First of all a notice to the 19 ‘anonymous’ people who left comments on yesterday’s blog - don’t bother.  You won’t get published.  If I’ve accidentally deleted a genuine comment then I apologise.  It is quite amusing to think that people who leave comments like those would even think they’d get past BC3’s eagle eyes!!

I did warn you that it was snowflake week and I bet you didn't believe me!!! 

This is another star/snowflake type motif that needed a new picture and, of course, that led to beads too!!!!




8 comments:

Maureen said...

One shuttle work? Did you know that Lindsay Rogers has published a new book of one shuttle patterns? I stumbled upon it whilst looking online for something else and bought it at once.

Jane Eborall said...

No, Maureen, two!!! Those are split rings round the centre ring. That reminds me - I must drop Lindsay a line. She doesn’t ‘do’ the internet. I’ve seen the book and it looks good.

Jane McLellan said...

Sweet snowflake. I do wonder about the motives of those people!

Madtatter80 said...

Oh such a little darling and yea bring on the snow we are ready!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm just now waking up and maybe I'm not thinking clearly.
Am I correct that the center ring is tatted first, then you cut and hide at least one end? Then start the split rings for the 2nd round, attaching immediately to a picot on the center ring? Good practice for split rings and rings on chains. Clever! I do like the beads!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Kathy, you know my aversion to tying and sewing in ends!!! The centre ring is made first and then a ‘lopsided’ split ring takes you out of the centre to start the final round!!! It’s an easy and fast tat. Promise.

God's Kid said...

Cute little snowflake!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I knew I should have waited until I was fully awake! I now see the 5 picots on the center ring, then the Fvsp instructions on SR1. Such an amazing way to climb out! I knew you didn't cut and tie!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.