5 April 2019

To edge or not to edge

That is the question!!!! Got to get my bit of Shakespeare in from time to time!!!

This is the Coriolis mat which I showed you last week. 

Putting an edge on anything isn't as easy as you'd think. You can see in the top picture that I've tried several different ideas and I had already decided that I'd need to 'dip' into the spaces between motifs. On the top picture you'll see that I've done really simple SCMR's to get the depth to try and keep the edge straight.

In the second picture (and using the same stitch counts for the rings and chains) you can see that I've done a very different SCMR. In fact I've replaced two with just one SCMR and made it slightly more 'fancy'!!!! Keeping all fingers crossed that it works out. Now I've got to snip off both edgings and start again as I don't like the colours I've used. The top picture's colours weren't a serious contender!!!! I did think the orange may work but I've changed my mind!!!!




7 comments:

Pigmini said...

Like the look of the 'orange' edge!!

Jane McLellan said...

I do like the second one, good for BC3.

God's Kid said...

I am sure you will find the perfect solution!! :)

Anonymous said...

With the 'right' color(s) either edge would probably work, but I think I lean towards the bottom (orange) one right now. How you come up with such clever designs time after time after time....BC3 must be gigantic.
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

I thought the orange was too ‘shouty’, Pigmini and Jane so am currently trialing another combo!!!
I do hope so, God’s Kid.
That’s the pattern for the edging I’m going with StephanieW - but not the orange thread!!! BC3 aches with being over stretched at times!!!

craftie sylvie said...

Adding my vote for the second edging :) I'm sure you'll find the perfect colour. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Barbara Gordon said...

I like the looks of the round one the best. A much softer look to me.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.