22 August 2019

My new carry about


I never know what to call this sort of tatting!!!

Mindless? Carry around? Any suggestions out there?

I need something when I'm with my craft groups that needs little or no concentration but I do need to make a few at home before I take it along so I'm on the right track!!

This will also be my 'go to' (there's another name for it) piece while I'm travelling or sitting around talking in America.  Mind our talk is mainly about tatting!!

Gosh, I'm SOOOO excited about my trip that I can hardly keep still.

7 comments:

God's Kid said...

That looks awesome already!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love it in white! I also need tatting that I don't have to think about when talking with others.

Mary C said...

Is a pattern available? I spend time in two different groups each week and find myself working on patterns too difficult to do and talk.

Anonymous said...

I call mine my 'carry-along' or 'take-along' tatting. It usually goes everywhere with me. Really like that Dora Young pattern in white!
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

Yes it is Mary C. Thankfully Dora’s book has been reprinted and with more information about her too. Depends where you live as to where you buy it from - do a Google search. Here’s the link to the lady who did an amazing job on getting it reprinted. https://tattingshuttles.weebly.com/dora-young.html

Liyarra said...

Looks great Jane.
Don't know how much tatting time there will be at Palmetto. Way too many people to meet!!

Jane Eborall said...

You’re right, Liyarra. No time to tat at Palmetto but PLENTY of time in airports!! I never tat on the plane in case I drop something!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.