14 April 2020

3 Eggs


There's a delightful family who live across the road from us. We have a very localised Facebook page which is limited to our two roads and she put a notice on there asking if there were any kiddies that she could give little Easter eggs to. 

Well me being me made a jokey reply saying there were two old kids at our address and on Sunday morning I found two little eggs on the doorstep.

Now, as I said before, this family are delightful and so I wanted to do something back for them. Consequently (after another gardening stint) I sat down and made them these eggs. I didn't think the hubby would appreciate one so I made one for mum and the others for the two daughters. Well, that's not strictly true as one is now grownup and at university but you get my meaning, I'm sure!!!!

If you want the pattern in time for next Easter then the link is here. 

By the way, I went shopping last Thursday and there were queues which I'd not seen the week before. I puzzled about it for quite a while and then the penny dropped!!! It must be Easter weekend coming up!!! Since retirement and not now being 'governed' by school holidays I've lost track of some things. Bring back BC3, I say although I think he's only useful for tatting!!!!

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely! And they'll last a lot longer than the eggs you received!

Jane Eborall said...

I had one egg from that family and that was teeny tiny, thankfully. Why thankfully? Well due to the meltdown (lockdown) I’m not walking so much but am eating more and putting weight on too!!!!

Pigmini said...

BC3 is in lockdown!!! He's positioned himself in our greenhouse and says he's not leaving until he's forced to!!! That's why you can't find him!!

The eggs look good!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Love the eggs! If I ever find my stash of beads...

God's Kid said...

I am sure those beautiful tatted eggs will brighten their day and be the perfect thank you! ;) :)

Elizabeth said...

Great eggs with the beads in the center.

Madtatter80 said...

Love beads with eggs its perfect for Easter 🐣

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.