10 April 2020

I blame Louise!!!

Thanks entirely to Louise who showed us all her gorgeous version of Juliana last Monday (here’s the link) I decided to get the Dutch pattern books out once again!!!  You probably spotted them on my post a few days ago!

I've found several that appeal to me so I've scanned them and am ready to play with the translations and drawings!!! This is the one I've chosen for starters and it’s called Strikje Medina (Bow Medina).  I've probably not chosen the easiest pattern once again (as usual) but I do like a challenge and it's GOT to be easier than Juliana!!!

It appeals to me as I can 'see' it on the neckline of a t-shirt or blouse and worked in a 40 thread I think it'll do really well.

I showed the picture to Judith Connors as we’ve been chatting about this, tat and t’other and she immediately ‘saw’ an angel.  So, once I’ve got it all worked out I’ll turn it into one.  I’ll do the bow first as it’ll give me an idea on how to make the head too!!!  

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Judith's right- it will make a beautiful angel! Thank you for all your work in making these Dutch patterns available to everyone.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks like a challenge, but I'm sure you're up to it!

Elizabeth said...

An angel would be beautiful. The bow will be beautiful too especially on a blouse. You are truly a wonder.

God's Kid said...

I thought it was an angel at first. ;)
I am sure you will make it beautiful!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Well that’s a challenge for BC 3.

Pigmini said...

I can see it on a t-shirt too... With beads from my stash!!!

Anonymous said...

That WOULD be pretty on a neckline. It will make a lovely angel, too. I can hardly wait for you and BC3 to work your magic, making this into something ALL of us can tat. Thanks for all the work you're putting in, and thanks SO much for sharing with us.
StephanieW

Madtatter80 said...

I would love to make 4 of them as Angel's and stitch them to tulling and make a Christmas doily Happy Easter 🐣

Jane Eborall said...

I’m making progress on this project but it’s not an easy one to sort out!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.