8 April 2020

Hard at work!

Before I start I want to apologise for the adverts on my blog.  I didn’t realise that they were so intrusive so have changed the settings.  I only run ads so I can afford to keep my pattern site going.  

I promised you yesterday that I’d show you how I work when I start on a new pattern so I’ve taken several screenshots of my screen (isn’t that a silly thing to say?) to show you.


This is the big computer I usually work on and the set up I use when I'm working.  I’m currently translating, drawing, writing the text and standing on my head while working  on a new Dutch pattern - more about that in a couple of days. 



You'll see that I've got several windows open while I'm working. There's the text document (I'm using Pages), the drawing package (EazyDraw) and also Google translate on my browser. Also a scanned copy of the pattern too. 

Also you’ll notice the rather large cup of half drunk coffee plus the inevitable mess that I seem to constantly have around me!!!





7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wow! That's an impressive setup! I think I would need more than BC3 to learn how to maneuver through those programs individually, and you have multiple screens open at one time!

Jane Eborall said...

What you're really trying to say, Diane, is that I'm bonkers and I totally agree with you!!! Learnt a good trick when I was doing office temping. Put your left thumb on the command key and then press the tab key and you can quickly move from open window to open window. VERY useful when you were playing solitaire and the boss came in!!!!

God's Kid said...

I believe that most creative minds work in what my sister calls organized chaos. ;)

Anonymous said...

What mess? Looks pretty normal to me, except for the coffee. Mine would be tea. :) Quite an impressive (intimidating?) setup. I'm not that computer/technology literate, I'm afraid. :D
StephanieW

Ninetta said...

Actually that is not "work" at all, that is sheer fun!

Jane Eborall said...

That’s a good description, God’s Kid!!!
Ha, ha, Stephanie!!!
Yes it is fun, Ninetta but from time to time I lose concentration and can’t remember what I’m supposed to be doing!!!

Madtatter80 said...

It does look like fun Happy Easter 🐣

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.