7 April 2020

Playing with Suffolk Puffs


Our Tuesday group decided that this year we wouldn't make a quilt to raise money for local charities. Good job we didn't in the light of recent events. 

Instead we decided to make Suffolk Puffs and use them on cushions. Well I set off making some but found they just weren't clicking with me. One day I remembered making clowns out of them for my kids and remembered the hours and hours it took to make even one!!! 

Most of my friends are covering their cushions in 'just puffs' but I decided mine simply HAD to be a clown which I'm hoping will appeal to people who have grandkids!!!

I finally finished it - took simply AGES to sew it all down but it's ready for when we can finally get them all auctioned or raffled. Sometime in September, we're hoping. Still it kept me out of mischief for a while!!!

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, love your clown!! I've never heard of Suffolk puffs. My brother lives in Suffolk. I wonder if he and his family have heard the term.

Pigmini said...

Jane... You?? Mischief?? ROFL!!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Cute! I've never heard them called Suffolk puffs. They look like what we call yo-yos, a name that never really appealed to me.

God's Kid said...

It's awesome!!! :)
My friend makes them calling them yo-yos and her sister turns them into Christmas garlands.

Pigmini said...

Depends what country you live in Diane.

Judith Connors said...

Love your clown, Jane.

Ninetta said...

Lovely!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.