26 May 2020

Meet the new love of my life

Well it’s the Dreamlit shuttle (see this link) which I’ve found to be my favourite workhorse. I have 3 of them (with another on order!) but have been misplacing the bobbins and having to hunt them down!! I haven’t found a container that would be of any use for them so decided to make some. 

These are going to be so useful if I’ve got bobbins wound for other projects I can keep them wound in these little cases and they won’t ‘undo’ themselves!!! 

I’m wondering whether anybody else would be interested in the bobbin holders? I know that the Dreamlit shuttles fit nicely into the poke proof pouches but the oval shaped bobbins don’t fit into this type of bobbin holder which I've made in the past.

They’re lined (as you can see) and have a light stiffening fabric inside too. I’ve made this one and will be making others today!!!



11 comments:

Maureen said...

I have two Dreamlits, but I use them as though they were Post shuttles! Defeats the purpose, I know, but I just don't seem to be able to get along with bobbins.

God's Kid said...

Looks like a fabulous pouch!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

I use pouches like those for my vintage and special shuttles. I like the idea of a place to keep the bobbins!

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful idea, I'd be interested in those (and poke proof pouches too)

Jane Eborall said...

You’re funny, Maureen!!! I bet they hold a heck of a lot of thread without the bobbin.
Thanks, God’s Kid.
I had to do something about the bobbins, picotsnkeys as they kept escaping!!!
Send me an email, Anonymous. I can accommodate your wishes!!!!

Cynthia said...

What part of I would love to have something from my dreamilt shuttle and bobbins did you not here me yell...whey I saw this? LOL yes I would love to have one...How do I get you the $$ to you?

Jane Eborall said...

Drop me an email, Cynthia and we’ll work something out. Paypal is the way to go!!!

Tim Kaylor said...

I just happen to be doing a small pattern with a Dreamlit. My Pop-A-Bobbins are all busy. It works pretty well. I think the bobbin was just to make it easier to wind the shuttle.
I bought some at Tat Days, then did a review with suggestions on my blog. You may want to look at it. I had a couple of tips in there.
https://timtatstoo.blogspot.com/2019/09/shuttles-from-tat-days-2019.html

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks for the link, Tim. I've never used the hole in a bobbin ever. I just hitch a loop with a slip knot over the middle and wind against the knot!!! I'm just very lazy!!!

Nikki said...

I am now in love as well. I just got a Dreamlit and I love it! I already have a Moonlit and decided to try this one as well and now I want more!! I love how you can use it as either post or bobbin. I was already wondering how to store the extra bobbin and winder, hopefully I won't lose it lol.

Jane Eborall said...

Good to meet another Dreamlit addict, Nikki!!!! I must make some more of the little ‘houses for bobbins’!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.