11 June 2020

Another task done

I'm not going to wear a mask until I absolutely HAVE to. I've made some just in case, though.

I've made seven so far (four for my daughter's family, one for another family member and two for me) and have a request for two more. 

This is probably the best photo you'll ever get of me as it hides most of my face!!! 

Couldn't resist using this fabric!!! This is the link where I got the pattern from. Really easy to make.

The main problem I have is that when I tried it on I found that I have to stop breathing or it steams up my glasses.  That in turn makes it quite dangerous to walk around - like in a heavy fog.  I probably need to get a snorkel or something to help take the steam away from my specs!!!  Life ain’t half hard for an oldie like me at times!!

It's actually not recommended by our NHS to stop breathing so I'm going to only wear one of these masks IF I have to.  

4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wearing glasses does complicate the matter! Love the fabric.

Marilee Rockley said...

Cute fabric print!
I can't tell from the photo if your mask has a wire, but as another person with the eyeglass fogging tendency, I've found that inserting a wire at the top to mold the mask to my face, in addition to adjusting the head straps to a snug fit (ear loops just fall off of my ears) does a pretty good job of eliminating the fogging. I wear mine at the grocery store.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks for the advice, Marilee. I’ll try that when and IF I ever wear it. I’m going to avoid wearing at all costs!!!

Maureen said...

You can buy " anti fog" cloths which might help. I've seen that in spray form as well, but I think the cloths are more readily available from the optometrists.
Wearing masks isn't mandatory or common here, but I read this morning that airlines strongly suggest their use if you're flying. Since the borders are still closed I don't think I need to worry too much yet!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.