24 August 2020

Get behind me temptation!!!

A couple of weeks ago I got 'one of those' emails - like everybody does!!! 
This one is always quite interesting and on this occasion it was offering 4 ply wool (as in sock wool) at a truly great price.  

I kept this email in my inbox all week and kept going to look and kept trying to decide which ball (or balls) I was going to choose.  

I happened to be in the room where the tatting cupboard is (and my stash of yarn) when I wondered if I'd got any 4 ply wool that needed using up.  I found a few balls.  

There was a ball of variegated blue which I'd made my favourite pair of gloves from a few years ago.  They're SO warm.  So I found the gloves themselves and went to weigh both the gloves and the leftover yarn.  Eureka.  I've got enough for another pair!!!  Here's one of the pair already finished.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely mixture of blues, you're well prepared for winter!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Anne. I can’t for the life of me remember where I got the yarn from!!! I don’t do a lot of knitting and don’t have a yarn shop near me for 4 ply weight either. Must have been when I ventured further than this town!!! Lovely warm gloves, though!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Splendid gloves! Or glove. I'm all for using up what you have rather than buying something more. Though I do realise that's very tempting!

Jane Eborall said...

Wasn't I a good girl, Jane!!!! SOOOOO tempted, though!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wonderful gloves! That blue is beautiful! Mom and I have been trying to resist temptation. We did buy some muslin for a quilt top she's planning, bug we did a great job of walking past all the tempting fabrics in the store. Can you believe we have a stash of fabric?

Jane Eborall said...

No, Diane, REALLY? You really have a stash of fabric?!?!?!?

God's Kid said...

Ooooh, love that blue!!!! :)

Tim Kaylor said...

I would ask for those but I just know my hand is too big. They look great.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.