26 August 2021

Today it's all about buttons!!

As you all know (least those who follow my blog or visit my website) I do suffer from a mild obsession with buttons!!!  My tatting cupboard overflows with them (well, not quite but I do have rather a lot) and my favourite are the tiny shirt buttons which I make into earrings or bracelets.  

So the silk shirt has (or rather, had) 12 buttons on it which included those on the cuffs too.  Now what to do with them!  Add them to the stash or use them instead.  I decided I'd use them and on the shirt too.  As they came off it they should then go back on!!!  There's logic in there somewhere but please don't ask me where!!!

Now I don't 'do' plain very often but I did want something very simple so that they don't deteriorate from the gorgeousness (wow, that's a real word!!) of the silk.  

Here's what I've come up with.  You'll see that I've used a slightly creamy thread in order to contrast with the whiteness of the silk.  BUT now what do I do with them?  Or rather, where do I put them?!?!?! All will be revealed!




12 comments:

Maureen said...

You’ll be the Pearly Queen of Stratford-Upon -Avon!

Jane Eborall said...

Ha, ha, ha, Maureen!!!!

Pigmini said...

My favourite button pattern!!!!

Janet said...

I really like your buttons, can’t wait to see what you do 😀😀

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

They're beautiful!

Jane Eborall said...

Afraid you’ll have to wait a while longer, Janet!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Diane. Thought about adding beads but wanted to keep it simple this time!!

Jane McLellan said...

Very stylish!

God's Kid said...

Beautiful buttons!! :)

West Pine Creations said...

OH, I Love it. I also love buttons and making your awesome button bracelets.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, everybody.

Leara Osborne said...

Love them - they are so beautiful! You're so creative! And I truly love your "button boxfull" of button ideas! I love buttons also!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.