20 September 2021

Glove progression

After the fingers have been made it's time to join them and start the long journey down the hand.  NOT forgetting the thumb, of course.
As the pinky finger is lower down the hand than the other three fingers you need to work a few rows before joining that one in.  You can see that in this picture.

Also it's easier to change from the original dpn's (double pointed needles) to two circular ones (the same size, of course).  This is weird as you work with them but not in the round.  Actually it's really easy but my first attempt last year was a puzzle!!!  The pattern needs to be read carefully.  I'll give you the link again here.



4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I've knitted socks with two circular needles, just to try the technique, but didn't really enjoy it. I found it difficult not to have a big stitch where I changed from one needle to the other.

Jane Eborall said...

Interesting, Jane. I’ve not had that problem.

Anonymous said...

I tried a pair of socks - several times - with 2 circular needles, but never quite managed to avoid having a really big stitch where it changed needles. Always ended up ripping the whole thing out and starting over with a set of DPNs. I prefer using double pointed needles for socks and mittens. Never got brave enough to try gloves, but this looks like a great way to do it. Love your color(s).
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

I must be lucky as I’ve never had that ‘ladder’ where you change circular needles. I just make sure the yarn is the same tension when I change. It does seem strange knitting with the same needle on the same side but it works like a dream. I love dpn’s too.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.