23 September 2021

One glove done

Finally got the one glove done.  
You'll be sad to hear that I've ordered more yarn for more gloves so no more tatting to show for a while.  Which doesn't mean that I'm NOT tatting but more that I've nothing to show you as it's all design work which will be submitted for lessons next year.  So far I've only got three done and I really need 6.  I'm working on number four which is causing me some headaches!!!

Back to glove talk - the second of the pair shouldn’t take long as the fingers and thumb are already done.  Watch this space!!!






9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your gloves are lovely, but I'm still not tempted to give them a try! ;-)

Elizabeth in Weat Virginia said...

Love your glove. I had to see the process you are using as it is a method I have never tried before. I started a pair last week using this pattern and am loving it.
Thank you for sharing!

Elizabeth in Weat Virginia said...

Jane, your glove is looking great! I started a pair last week as this is not a method I had seen before. I am loving this method or knitting gloves very much. Thank you for sharing this method with us.

Anonymous said...

That glove is stunning! Makes me want to drop everything and start knitting a glove, but I fear it may be too complicated a project for my knitting skills. A sock is essentially a tube with some shaping to it. A glove, though, has FINGERS. If I ever get brave enough to tackle a glove, you can bet toe socks will be next!
StephanieW

Alexandrite Woman said...

Oh, my gosh, Jane, you are amazing! The glove is beautiful. It was fascinating to watch it develop. Like watching an artist paint something, I couldn't wait for the reveal! Yay! Can't wait to see them on!

God's Kid said...

Great glove!! :)
And it's a great time to be getting the gloves done before the cold!

Maureen said...

I love them!

victats@gmail.com said...

Submitted for lessons...are you thinking of travelling next year? Should we all be planning to head south?

Jane Eborall said...

I'm hoping to apply, Victats but a lot depends on the pandemic and of being selected too, of course.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.