10 September 2021

I declare it finished!!!

It's finished with the trimming on the back too!
I took a trip to visit my daughter and family a week or so ago and my son in law took some photos of me wearing the silk top.  I can 'see' this over a black top with black trousers so I may eventually wear it but I'm not sure I'll ever attend an occasion where I can!!!  

If not I'll wear it to scrub the kitchen floor!!!  I'll miss it as it was an enjoyable upcycle.  Now to look in the charity shops for another project.  I'm realising after almost 78 years on this planet that it's not as hard as I thought it would be to mess around with altering clothes.  Mind this was a big alteration from an oversized man's shirt to a wearable top!!!





7 comments:

Pigmini said...

Looks good! You know where to send it when you get fed up of it!! VBG

Janet said...

It’s lovely Jane! I’m sure you’d look great wearing it to scrub the floor But... I think it’d be a good excuse to book a dinner out somewhere 😀😀

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic! The whole process of altering the shirt sounded mind-boggling to me, but you got it done beautifully. Now you have a gorgeous silk top to wear wherever and whenever you like.
StephanieW

Terry said...

It looks fantastic Jane. Great job and well worth the effort.

Terry said...

You did a fantastic job Jane and well worth the effort!

Sandra E said...

Jane this looks lovely!
And you look pretty durn good for an old git ;-)

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Sandra. I now need an excuse to wear it ‘out and about’!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.