2 September 2021

Shirt progress again

In the photo below you can see why I was concerned about the ‘shadow’ of the facing but having done one edging I decided to sew it onto the edges of the top to see what it looked like!  You can see that I took it right round the neck too and also you can see that I definitely need another strip to hide the shadow although I think that when it’s being worn it won’t ‘show’.  

Anyway I thought I’d pin on the buttons too just to get an idea of what it’ll look like!!  I also found some VERY pretty buttons that I was given years ago that I’ve added to the top as fastenings - yet to be decided on, though!!!  

If you look VERY closely you’ll also see some black showing at the centre of the back.  That’s the label saying ‘Thai silk’ which I’ve sewn back in.  

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I don't think the strip is really a problem, but the lace and buttons certainly draw the eye away from it.

Janet said...

Oh my Jane that will be such a treat to wear. I’d go with the buttons at the top, they so suit it!

FairyLaceAndMore said...

Very beautiful! So nice idea! Thank You, Jane!

Maureen said...

You will have to find a suitably swish function so that you can show off this beautiful silk shirt. It’s wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This is SO gorgeous!
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

So beautiful!!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.