3 September 2021

Top of the day to you!

Just thought I’d use a silly title today!
BUT I do have a closeup of the top of the silk top I’m working on today.  

These two buttons are really pretty and complement the top really well.  What I’ve done since is use a short length of round elastic and have anchored that to one of the buttons.  A loop of the elastic can now be taken over the other button to fasten the blouse/top together.  I’ve tried it on but need somebody to take pictures of it.  Now which neighbour is in at the moment?!?!?

7 comments:

Janet said...

Those little buttons are beautiful, they compliment the tatting to perfection!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Janet. They've been in my stash for years waiting for 'their moment'!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! I love those buttons! You won't see buttons like those everywhere you go!

Jane Eborall said...

And you won't find them residing in my tatting cupboard anymore either, Diane!!!

FairyLaceAndMore said...

Absolutely beautiful! Bravo, Jane!

Anonymous said...

Those buttons are perfect with the top and the tatting. Beautiful!
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

It's so elegant!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.