4 November 2021

More and more!!

Having made about half of the leaves required for Nita I'm now thinking of making some for myself to turn into a necklace.  I'll use oranges and browns to make a bit of a change of colour!!!  
If I get started at about half past seven in the evening I can make two leaves before bedtime!!  

To follow this pattern I use the pdf file on my iPad and follow the lines round using 'markup'.  I rub the pencil out when I've finished and that's the end of that!!!  Also for the last chain I use this method which leaves me with just one end to sew in and no knots!!!  

I’ve been asked about the idea of converting jeans into a skirt and have found if you put in a Google search there are several Youtube videos including this one and also this tutorial on Wikihow.



6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have no desire to turn jeans into a skirt, but I am tempted to give those leaves a try again!

Jane Eborall said...

I love that little pattern and they’d go SO well with all your flowers!!! The pattern I’ve been using is one by Judith Connor who had permission to change it slightly to make it even easier to work.

Jane McLellan said...

Right. Still boggles my mind a little but I see how it’s done, thanks for the link.

Martha said...

Is there supposed to be a link the "this method" for the last chain?

Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to share Judith Conner's changes (with us) to the leaf pattern? (If it's a violation of copyright, please, please DON'T share. Just thought I'd ask, though, just in case it's ok.)
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

StephanieW - I’d have to ask Judith and she’d have to ask Ruth’s family but I will ask for you.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.