20 December 2021

Moaning Monday

Goodness knows how I manage to get through life with the way my brain works!!!  

Last week I wanted an 'easy to do' long term project that I could sit and do without too much thinking during the 'silly season'. 

I remembered a large doily pattern by Coats that I'd made around fifty years ago but I've no idea what happened to it - the doily, I mean.  I know my gran was impressed that I wanted to do it!!!  Anyway I'm not sure whether it lay flat or not.  I did start an even bigger one from an old House of White Birches leaflet many years after that which I know didn't lie flat and it got thrown away when it was already huge!!!  Nowadays I'd have made sure that I amended the stitch count so it wouldn't happen.

I digress and apologise.

So the search for this small Coats booklet started but it led to many things.  In the end we parted with all the cookery books we owned and other odds and ends of books too (the charity shop were VERY pleased to receive them) so now I have a huge area just for my tatting stuff.  It's truly wonderful.  

Now to the stupid part of this.  I DID find the leaflet and then realised that I'd already scanned all my Coats and Penelope booklets onto my computer!!!  Now how STOOOOOOOPID is that?

Answers on a postage stamp please!!!

Here's the doily pattern I was looking for.


7 comments:

Liyarra said...

I started that one a few years ago and found it so frustrating it got rehomed in the fireplace!
Should probably give it another go at some point....

Maureen said...

I have that pattern too! I think I started it at the same time as you did, Jenni, but didn’t get very far.

Jane McLellan said...

Well, the charity shop would have been the loser if you’d just looked on your computer!

Rose Anne B said...

So a win win situation, you found it, have a back up, and treasures for someone else! 🤗

GraceT said...

It looks a lovely doily. Jenni & Maureen, what was it that made it so frustrating?

God's Kid said...

It looks like it will be as magnificent at the "Monster" doily. Can't wait to see it!! :)

Alexandrite Woman said...

Well, love all the comments, so will only add: I love that you shared this moan, esp. the part about your brain (it's not stoopid, btw). Sometimes my brain surprises me, too, with the idiot turns it takes. But then I enjoy a laugh and think about others who share my silly brain syndrome. Love you!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.