28 December 2021

The Coats leaflet

Do you remember this post from last week?  Well that was going to be my task for over Christmas - to make a good start on it.  
I’ve chosen a size 40 Lizbeth thread and the first centre motif is now done.  

I have started a second but then I got sidetracked.  I know, it’s tedious but that’s what happens in the land of BC3!!!  I’ll show you what’s done that to me tomorrow.

Please note - I do NOT use a picot gauge in case anybody thinks I do.  They’d not been invented when I started tatting except probably (and I do mean ‘probably’) they were occasionally used for the occasional very large ones.



4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

That’s really pretty and I love the colour. I don’t use a picot gauge either, unless I’m making very very long picots.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Great start, and I love the color! I frequently experiment without a picot gauge, without success. I have a terrible eye for size.

God's Kid said...

Fabulous start!! :)

Anonymous said...

I normally don't use a gauge, either. For some reason my picots are more evenly-sized when I DON'T use a gauge. When I use a gauge, somehow things slip - often - and my picots are 'assorted' sizes instead of even. Only exception to that 'rule' is if I have to make really big picots for some reason. Then I HAVE to use a gauge. :) Love the color of your first medallion.
StephanieW

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.