25 February 2022

Rounds to the finish.

This is the final of the Dutch doily.  Now did I enjoy it?  YES.

Although it worked out very large it was a really easy one to make.  I am still gobsmacked by the swirls in it and how well it lies too.  I rarely block my tatting as I feel that all patterns should lie flat without any fiddling around with them.  This is one of 'those' designs because the only things I really needed to 'sort out' were the long chains in the penultimate (or thereabouts!) round.  

I need to now get this sorted and onto my site.  I would love to add the designer's name to it but I've been unable to trace it.  The pattern appears to have been published in several languages too so was obviously very popular when it first came out.  

I'm going to call it the 'Unknown Doily' I think but if anybody has a better idea then please let me know.





5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Really splendid. Swirl doily, though that doesn't convey that you don't know who the original designer is.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It is beautiful!

Ninetta said...

Beautiful doily ❤

West Pine Creations said...

Awesome! Can't wait to tat it.

God's Kid said...

It's awesome and to me it looks like Swirling Windmills!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.