21 February 2022

The death of a project!

I bet you've all forgotten my waistcoat that I started back here and which progressed to here and here!
Well I did finish it and started looking around for buttons.  BUT I decided I totally didn't like it.  Not at all.  I love the colour of the yarn but part of it was the texture which was lovely and 'silky' (it's acrylic) but there was something about it that just didn't 'gel' with me so I took it along to my knitting group on the Friday morning and they gave me good advice - put it in the wardrobe!!  That's what I did for about three months.  

I cannot abide wasting money and that yarn kept calling to me to do something about it so last week I rescued the waistcoat from the wardrobe (I'd hidden it quite successfully) and unpicked it all.

I spent hours and HOURS on Ravelry trying to decide what to do with the yarn but in the end I thought that a scarf would be a good idea.  Then 'which pattern' was the next problem.  

In the end it was Sue who came to the rescue and she wrote down her pattern on a cigarette packet.  NO, not really but in the old days we used to scribble things down on them although I never smoked there was always somebody who'd got a cigarette packet.  Seriously Sue wrote me an email with a really great idea and that's the one I'm using as you can see.  

I've decided not to use the yarn with the white in as I think it's the white that put me off in the waistcoat.  I may use it in the 'middling' part of the scarf or in a hat or something.  It won't get wasted!



5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

So much work! But you're right, useless to finish if you don't like it, and a shame to let the yarn go to waste. I think the white is a bit glarey, the other colours blend together better.

Jane Eborall said...

That's right, Jane, the white is too glarey.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Waste not, want not!

Crazy Mom! said...

Love the scarf - I recognize this pattern!

God's Kid said...

Very pretty color!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.