20 April 2022

Mimi’s snowflake

It’s always a delight and a surprise to see that people actually use my patterns and none more so than a well known lady in Tat Land. Mimi Dillman who is a fantastic teacher of the cluny technique in tatting. How do I know that? Simple - I’ve been in two of her classes over the years.  Here’s Mimi’s page which is WELL worth a visit.

She wrote the other day to show me the Scintillating Snowflake she’d made and she did comment that her bugle beads weren’t ‘quite’ long enough so she’d added a seed bead to the ends of them. 

 Now this made me realise that when I did the other pattern using this technique, which you can find here, I did put the extra bit in about using 4 seed beads instead of the bugles. When I get the time (and inclination) I’ll add that to the Scintillating Snowflake pattern too.



3 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Thanks for the link, I don't know Mimi's blog and I could use advice on cluny tatting. The snowflake is pretty in red and white.

Patti said...

Adding seed beads can help protect the thread from being cut by the bugle beads which can have sharp edges.

God's Kid said...

Fabulous snowflake! :)
Thanks for the link to her blog and the info about clunies!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.