14 April 2022

Zigzag finished

Finally I got my act together to finish off the web page for this amazing doily.  Many thanks to Bev for all her help with it as without her it would never have got put down on 'paper'.  

I started working on it before Christmas and here's the previous one done in size 20.

I just absolutely LOVE this pattern.  This yellow version is done in a size 40 thread and measures 15” in diameter.

There are split chains but no split rings (are you reading this, Diane?!?!) and the split chains could be avoided too.  

Excuse the 'wobbly' look to the picture but I took it out on the grass which is by no means totally flat!!!




7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful Jane, I think it's great that you've resurrected the pattern and made it accessible to the rest of us, thanks very much.

Maureen said...

I hadn’t realised that it was so big! I think I’ve seen only the yellow version. I think it’s a beautiful vintage design, it’s wonderful that you have spent all this time in deciphering and re- writing the pattern.
Thank you.

Maureen said...

I hadn’t realised that it was so big! I think I’ve seen only the yellow version. I think it’s a beautiful vintage design, it’s wonderful that you have spent all this time in deciphering and re- writing the pattern.
Thank you.

God's Kid said...

It's awesome and my hubby thinks so too!!! :)
Thank you so much for sharing the pattern!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Haha! Yes, I am ready, Jane! I can even handle a few split chains!

Jane Eborall said...

I think I’m ready to tackle another translation now but not sure I’ve the time at the moment.
Diane - how did you guess I was rattling your cage?!?!?! LOVE YOU as I know you can take a joke.

Crazy Mom! said...

Love this! The doily design gives it such movement. And the yellow is so cheery - especially against the grass!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.