8 June 2022

A New Member - part 2

This is the next part of Julie’s email (part 1 is here) and you will NOT want to miss this - especially the pictures.

The bauble creations keep coming. I now have a frilled dragon to add to my menagerie.

One of them asked me if I could make a turtle, now I had only just begun and I had made a mouse and the bee from the book, but I thought sure I will give it a try and low and behold a turtle was born. While making the turtle, I kept thinking to myself, mom likes elephants, can I make an elephant? ,so I made an elephant. Then another co-worker asked for a giraffe and it took me a little while to figure him out but I made a giraffe, actually 3 of them one to figure out the shape and then one to figure out the spots and a final one for my co-worker. Then I thought about a zebra having seen a billboard for the zoo featuring a zebra on my way to work. I started the Zebra in July 2021 and then I got covid the first time and it got put aside for some time, until Jan 2022 when I finally got motivated to finish him, however I have not had time to figure out my notes to write down the pattern for the zebra. Meanwhile I should be getting started on the rats for April will be upon me before I know it and along comes Jan 2022 and I get covid again. This time though, not as bad as the first, so I was able to work on the rats and other projects while quarantined at home. Now I have the rats made I can work on my card making skills and presentation for lab professionals week April 24-29, 2022."

Update on the tatting tale. The lab rats were well received. I have encouraged my co-worker to submit her mice pictures to you to join the fun tatting club. I hope she will. She is amazing, doing very well in such a short amount of time.
The bauble creations keep coming. I now have a frilled dragon to add to my menagerie.”

All I can say is WOW to all of Julie’s work and a big thank you as well.









8 comments:

Maureen said...

I am completely stunned by these creatures! I have the book,I have read the instructions, and I have even participated in a class given by Judith at QLD Tatters- yet still I can’t produce even one little mouse!

God's Kid said...

Wow!!! Major 3D Bauble tatting at it's best!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Fabulous, fabulous! So good that Julie has taken the technique and run with it. She must write her own book.

Rose Anne B said...

I'm totally amazed at your and other designers' expertise in creating these tatting patterns! That's why I look forward to your TIAS each year!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing!

Crazy Mom! said...

These are AMAZING!

Bravo Julie, bravo!

Lelia said...

job well done

GoldenMom said...

Wow! These creatures are incredible! What fun she has had with them. That giraffe is truly amazing. I hope her coworker appreciates it in all its glory.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.