6 June 2022

Monday moan

Sorry I missed posting last week but life got in the way of EVERYTHING!!!  Not helped by being one of the organisers of the road’s Jubilee party/parties!!  See my outfit below - yes I was mainly serving teas, coffees and washing up which is my favourite job.
Anyway, on to today’s Monday moan.

Today it’s about Facebook (this is my page).  It’s not a place I use or go to a lot.  Yes I post a link to this blog and pictures I take on my walks but never anything personal as you’ve probably noticed.  

Now I belong to lots of tatting groups on Facebook and sometimes, sometimes I feel I can add to a thread. Usually I do a ‘turn on notifications’ and then wait for others to answer the problem but I do go straight in with a comment occasionally.  Mostly I just look at email notifications in my inbox and delete from there without going onto the platform itself.  

What annoys me is the amount of ‘selling pattern’ adverts that are put on the groups by people.  They advertise in every group so I have sometimes up to ten to delete in a row.  Fortunately nowadays I recognise the names and so just select them all in my inbox and delete straight from there.  There’s one group that I love - Just-Tatting as no advertising is allowed except for two or three days a month.  Lily, the administrator, is ACE at making sure this happens too.  I wish all these groups were the same as day after day I delete, delete, delete.  In fact there’s one group for tatting designers which I thought I’d join as I may learn something or be able to help but all this seems to be is yet another group of adverts.  I’m out of there now so that’ll save the delete button a bit.



5 comments:

Maureen said...

I can see how the advertisements could accumulate and become annoying- but personally I don’t mind them at all! I’m probably not on as many groups as you are, and it’s fun to see the new patterns. I don’t get notifications in my email though, so see things only when I bother to go to Facebook.

Anonymous said...

I will admit there are a lot of patterns being posted…but being a. Non designer )I was never gifted with that BC3) I crave for new ideas. However I now have a stock pile of patterns to keep me going well into my 200’s lol. But am always gobsmacked by the designs people come up with…if people didn’t post I would be completely lost and would miss out on a lot of interesting and beautiful patterns and wouldn’t have the opportunity to support many of the designers. But My pocket book would be a lot fatter!!!!Just my 3cents…

Crazy Mom! said...

I see the Queen has a lovely patriotic apron! Hope you had a GRAND time of the jubilee parties!

GoldenMom said...

You look like you were having great fun at the road's Jubilee party last week. And your moan is appropriate. I get tired of all the ads too. ;-)

Jane McLellan said...

I’m lucky that by chance Just tatting was the group I joined. I don’t want to be on a whole lot of groups and have plenty to delete already. The jubilee festivities look great fun!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.