12 October 2022

For my tooth fairy

I had bad news last week as my lovely dentist (Sally) told me she was leaving to go to another job.  I'm really sad about this as not only is she a good dentist but she's also got a great sense of humour which is VERY important to me.  

I decided to make her this bookmark which is an amalgamation of this one and this one with another type of 'tail' bit in between.  In fact I used roll or spiral tatting which I'm quite comfortable with now I've learned a much better way of doing it from a very old source which you can find here.  



8 comments:

Maureen said...

Will you be able to follow your dentist to the new location?A good dentist is one of Life’s cornerstones, I live in dread of my own deciding to retire. He’s just a few years younger than I am!
Your flowery bookmark has always been one of my favourites, it’s such a pretty design.

Jane Eborall said...

No, sadly. She's moving quite a way away to work and going into the private sector. I'm sticking with the NHS for as long as I can!!! I like that pattern too and wonder if I can improve on it!!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Sorry you're losing your dentist, but that's a very pretty bookmark to say farewell.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are losing your dentist. That's one of the things I dread, too - finding a new dentist. The bookmark is one of my favorites, and your color selection is beautiful.
StephanieW

GoldenMom said...

I am sure your dentist will appreciate the beautiful bookmark you've made for her. The link for the spiral tatting just didn't work for me. I thought I might bring that to your attention in case it's something that can be fixed easily. Thanks!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, GoldenMom. I’ve fixed it!! Just had accidentally put a full stop at the end of the link!!!!

Crazy Mom! said...

I hate hunting for new doctors and dentists! When I moved some 30 miles away, I kept my dentist and my primary care doctor because they are so good.

Lovely bookmark!

God's Kid said...

Beautiful bookmark!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.