22 November 2022

So pleased

When you do things for free - whatever it is - you rarely get much feedback.  So I was delighted when Kay sent in this comment and her pictures to show me.  The comments tickled me pink as, when it comes to the technique for adding the bugles, I have exactly the same ‘problem’ when I make the first snowflake of the season.  Yes, I’ll admit, I’ve found that this is the best snowflake for ‘mass production’ for giveaways.  This is what Kay said

“I must tell you that I had some issues initially with your very well-written pattern.  There are days when I simply should not attempt something new.  So after utter failure, I began again.....My SCMR was not done correctly (and I thought I had those sorted out), so I had to check the directions once again for them.  Once I did, I corrected that.  Then, you mentioned that the Bugles could be a bit fiddly. For me they were more than a bit.... HA!   So I solved that the next time I made one and numbered my little markers to try to keep them in order easier.  I must have twisted and twisted that first one to the point that it took forever to straighten it.  Nevertheless, I stuck to it.....  And, what did I do with my next one?  I only added five bugles instead of six.....so it turned into a type of star.  I really don't mind it that way, so I didn't toss it.  Thought you'd get a kick out of my "issues".  Now I'm ready to make a few for Christmas as I do like them.  Thanks once again for sharing your lovely ideas.  If only I could follow the directions as written!    Ha!”



6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like the star version. Mmm, not easy to follow the directions correctly first time, even when they're perfectly clear!

Jane Eborall said...

I quite agree, Jane but it is a totally new technique so I suppose it’s just getting used to it!!! For me it’s the remembering that two bugles go on first and then the ‘ring’ is formed between them. Still, keeps me out of mischief!!!!

Maureen said...

This gives me Hope, because I, too, have been gazing helplessly at the bugle/ rice bead instructions! Will revisit it tonight.

God's Kid said...

Looks like she did great!! :)

THMcR said...

I love learning new - it does not matter much, what it is relating to... Lately I've noticed, especially with my tatting, my patience runs out quicker... I am so eager to learn, that if I don't get "it" fast enough, I get frustrated at myself so much quicker, and pick up my scissors. I occasionally try the pattern or technique again, but a bit later... perseverance is a good thing to strive after! Happy Tatting to everyone!
=)

Jane Eborall said...

That's funny, THMcR. As the years have gone by I've got more and more patient and, in fact, avoid small projects as it means I then have to choose something else to do very soon after starting!!! I've spent about eight/ten hours winding yarn for a neighbour's knitting project. VERY fine Merino but I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. Sat in her house with copious cups of tea and company!!!! I've left her to finish off the last 75 or so grams as it's now coming off the skein easily!!!! Vive la difference as the French say!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.