9 January 2023

Moaning Monday - it IS about tatting!

Tatting can be so useful as well as decorative.  Yesterday, here in the middle of England, it was a windy day - just right for getting the washing dry.  I filled the line up then went out for a while and when I came back glanced out at the back garden to discover that the washing was partly tangled up in the shrubbery.  The line had broken right at the shed.  

So out came some pliers (or something like that) and the offending ‘end bit’ that had broken was cut off.  I still had the chain part so joined the line to that.  Two tatted double stitches and (after a bit more cussing) I managed to get the line back up!!!  The story in pictures below!!






11 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, a tatted washing line!

God's Kid said...

Oh what a frustration!! Great solution!! :)

Debra said...

How frustrating! Tatting skills to the rescue!!!

Rose Anne B said...

Smart thinking! 👏
I'm curious to start and always in a delimma on which type an colour of threads to use! 👏

GoldenMom said...

I understand the cussing! And I LOVE that tatting came in handy as a part of the repair. Looking forward to TIAS!

Pam said...

That is sooooo cool! 😁

Crazy Mom! said...

Should the cussed line come undone again, I recommend a bowline knot, see here: https://asa.com/news/2022/11/29/sailing-knots/

Martha said...

Hope nothing got dirty when the line came down. Laundry is enough of a chore without having to do it twice!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a save. You are my hero!

Lauren said...

The clothes and wood and line look like a witch on a broom at first glance! LOL

Jane Eborall said...

Well if anything did get ‘dirty’, Martha, I chose not to see it!!!
Thanks, Anonymous!!
Well, Lauren, now that you mention it!!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.