2 March 2023

Jumper finished

I’ve been knitting! No shuttles while the TIAS was ongoing and definitely no designing either. I thought knitting would be relaxing but as my BC3 doesn’t ‘do boring’ very well I found this jumper.  It was a huge challenge. I’ve finished it now and have actually worn it too.  I bought it off Ravelry and it can be found here.  Least I hope this link will work.

It’s worked from the top down in 4ply yarn and it took me about 8 starts to ‘get’ the German short rows and the pattern straight and into my poor old BC3!!! Finally it’s done and I’m very pleased with it.  So were my wonderful new friends at the Friday knitting group who gave me wonderful advice and help.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You prepared to send it to a good home???! 😀 I’m off to get the pattern!!

Maureen said...

It’s a lovely colour. I can see that it must have been a less than simple pattern, but definitely Worth the Effort.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Crazy Mom! said...

Jane, this is gorgeous. I love how the yoke detail repeats in the bottom and at the cuffs.

I'm sure you feel glamorous wearing this!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jane, that's simply gorgeous! The design at the yoke is lovely - would have been an insurmountable challenge for my puny knitting skills, but you have done it beautifully.
StephanieW

Rose Anne B said...

WOW!!! It's beautiful!!! ❤️
I like the colour of the yarn too!

Jane McLellan said...

Oh well done! A lot of effort, but worth it. I finished my top down cardigan this afternoon, not as intricate as yours.

God's Kid said...

Looks terrific!! :)

GoldenMom said...

Lovely Jane! And it's perfect for the "wearing of the green" in March. The details on the yoke and sleeves are just gorgeous.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.