8 March 2023

Life after the jumper!

Yes there is life after the green jumper and I’ll show you a picture of me wearing it at the end of this post.

I’m also going to show you the next project. This yarn was on a huge cone that I picked up from a freecycle advert on our local area freecycle network. Actually I answered an offer for fabric and in amongst that was this cone of bright green yarn.

I invited a neighbour round to help me sort out the fabric and she (thankfully) took some off my hands with most of the rest going to the Tuesday group we both belong to. Not long after Jo (neighbour) said she’d got a cone of the same colour yarn and would I like it. I took it as I wasn’t sure what the yardage would be on the first cone so wound all off both cones into balls. They are not the same colour as you’ll see BUT that’s not a problem as I now I had plenty for the next project. 

I then had to work out how to use it all and found that with both yarns together the gauge is that of double knitting yarn. Next thing to do is to find a double knitting yarn pattern. So, off I went to Ravelry. More another day!!!





9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

The two yarns will work well together. Your jumper is such a good fit and looks fabulous!

Debra said...

Ooolala! Your jumper looks so nice on you and such a great color! I can hardly wait to see your next project!

Anonymous said...

You look great

Crazy Mom! said...

Love the jumper on you - color is lovely not to mention the excellent knitting.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The color looks splendid on you, and the knitting is beautifully done. Gorgeous jumper!
StephanieW

GoldenMom said...

Love your photo in the green jumper! Lovely Jane!

God's Kid said...

Great jumper!! :)
I think those two colors of yarn will look great together!! :)

Terry said...

That sweater looks really good on you. Congrats!

Maureen said...

It fits so well! I never can manage that. I love the colour, I’m tatting with that shade of green at th3 moment

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.