27 March 2023

Monday - not a moan!

Well I wish I’d managed to take some photos on Saturday when I went to the Gloucester Tatting Day organised by Linda Williams. 

I’m a real dumbie when it comes to going places in the car. I avoid driving as much as I can even though I’m not a bad driver. I just lack confidence but having sat nav does help. Anyway I arrived at Churchdown where the day was being held.

It was a lovely relaxing day and I sat next to Anne who was delightful. I didn’t get the names of everybody there which is typical of me. Even if I’d been told them I doubt they would’ve ‘stuck’ in BC3!!! 

There was a raffle (I won two very old shuttles) and a wonderful display including Janet’s gorgeous Christening gowns. The display gave me lots of inspiration and was good to see. There was going to be a workshop but to be honest I think we were all happy just to talk tatting!!! 

So, as I didn’t take any photos I’ll show you a photo I took last summer sometime!!




6 comments:

Maureen said...

How far away is Churchdown? I can’t cope with GPS, I prefer my faithful and battered street directory. I find having to look at the screen intensely distracting.
A beautiful red flower! Glad you enjoyed the day.

Jane Eborall said...

It’s 40 miles, Maureen. I listen to the sat nav and do as she tells me!!! Only problem is that people do tend to build new housing estates and roads to confuse the issue!!! It’s a good many years since I’ve driven that far. I’m a ‘stay at home’ or ‘walk’ sorta gal!!!

God's Kid said...

Sounds like a good day!! :)

Debra said...

What a delightful way to spend your day!

Jane McLellan said...

Worth braving sat nav and all for a tatting gathering!

GoldenMom said...

Congratulations on winning the old shuttles! What a nice boost to a wonderful gathering of tatters.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.