5 May 2023

The Coronation

As the world knows we are celebrating the Coronation of King Charles III tomorrow. I hate to admit this but I remember the last one - I was heading towards ten years of age and we had a TELEVISION in our home.

It was a miserable day (weather wise) and all I wanted to do was go to the big party which was happening over the road after the ceremony. 

Anyway all these years later (but not wiser, I might add) this Coronation will be spent watching it on a colour television. 

The day after will be a street party which the neighbours have been preparing for for ages. We've got a road closure and bunting etc so the day should be full of fun. At our local group where we meet to sew, knit, crochet, craft etc we've been working on our annual quilt and this is this year's offering. People will be able to buy tickets to win it. 

One or two (well, all of us!) think it's the best one we've done so far. Jo has done an amazing job putting all our crazy quilt squares together. Thanks, Jo.




8 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Maureen there are two of mine. Fourth from left second row down and second from left third row down - I THINK!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Oh wow, that’s splendid, worthy of a coronation! Good idea to raffle it. Lucky the person who wins it.

Rose Anne B said...

Lovely!!!!

Debra said...

I love the colors and design! I am always amazed by how different people with similar yet unique ideas can collaborate together and create such lovely quilts

Crazy Mom! said...

Oh wow, I'd be delighted to have that lovely quilt in my home - anyone would!

Jane Eborall said...

Some of the sewers are relatively new to sewing, Debra, and they’ve done a really splendid job on theirs.

God's Kid said...

Wonderful quilt!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love everything about it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.