6 July 2023

The King has arrived!

Nothing to do with crafting today!!  I’m posting this because - well, just because.

I have a boring grey car like so many other people here in the UK.  I am also HOPELESS at knowing any car’s make or model and class cars as ‘posh’ or ‘just a car’.  In fact cars to me are ‘that red car’ (a rare thing) or ‘looks expensive to me’.  So years ago when I realised I had this ‘brain problem’ I decided that I needed to have something to enable me to find my own car easily.  We have on street parking and you often can’t find a spot near the house so it’s a case of ‘hunt that grey car’ when you’ve forgotten where you left it a week or more ago.  

To make sure I can find my own car I had a solar ‘jiggly’ on the dashboard - our late Queen.  Sadly last winter she got knocked flying as I was trying to de-mist the window and she became crippled beyond repair.  

She’d been given to me by some good friends round the corner and I replaced her with a snowman just because there happened to be one nearby!

They saw this and decided that I really ought to have a King in the car and very kindly bought me a King.  So Charles is now guarding my car and I’ll be able to find it again when I need it!!!  Thank you, S & S.  I really appreciate my new guardian.



No comments:

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.