29 August 2023

A tentative start!

Here are a few paper pieces cut out and ready before Rose Anne kindly sent me some printable ones.  I have used a catalogue for these as the paper is just right for me.  However the paper printed ones are a lot quicker to cut out!!!

As you can see I’ve abandoned pins and am using these small quilter’s clippy things.  I really like them as pins are such a fiddle.  They were in some fabric that I picked up from freecycle otherwise I’d never have known about them!!!




4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, the clips are great, though they don't work for everything. The modern shortcuts are most helpful, printing and clips instead of drawing and pinning!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Paper piecing is something I've never tried. I'm not sure I have the patience for it! Those clips are fabulous!

Rose Anne B said...

Great start!!!

Lavinia said...

Interesting approach! The clips sound like a good idea. I would reckon in a pinch one can also try clothes pins or paper clips.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.