28 September 2023

Looking back and looking forward!

Now it’s time for another lot of decisions over the patchwork.  If you look back here you’ll find the inspiration for my project - except, of course, that mine is mainly blue!!!
Now I have to start thinking about the length of my cloth as the width is ‘almost there’ and I’m hoping to add a border onto it too.  

The top picture shows the motifs that will go in and which will hopefully start making the cloth rectangular.  Playing with the motifs before I actually sew them on you’ll see from the other pictures that I’ve got a few choices to make and also need more of the ‘seven hexagon’ smaller motifs too.  Obviously these will be using other fabrics so choices on that will have to be made too!!!






7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

It's fun making such decisions!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

The possibilities can seem endless on a project like this. I’m in the same boat with a project right now. I’m going to have to call it quits pretty quick and that is difficult. I’m going for a certain size. Your project is very attractive.

Rose Anne B said...

WOW!!!!

Lelia said...

Very good choices you are making. decisions , decisions ....

God's Kid said...

Looking terrific!! :)

Ladytats said...

Algebra & geometry are involved in so much of life. Making a rectangle out of hexs can be a challange.
Your patchwork looks pretty and I know you will get it all figured out.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.