27 September 2023

Sock failure


I was bumbling along doing pretty well but on Thursday evening I picked up the project and accidentally managed to pull off stitches from both ends of the circular needle.

As you will all know - undoing and re-doing things never phases my wonderful BC3 so I thought that would be easy to resolve.  

NO WAY.  I was halfway through doing the heel and there were wrapped and unwrapped and slipped stitches all over the place and some of the unravelling had gone down a few rows so the only way forward was to go backward.  I unravelled back to before the heel and have now started knitting it again.  Well almost on this picture!!!



8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I hate when that happens! I haven't done socks on circular needles yet. I've always used double pointed needles. Maybe I would drop fewer stitches with the circulars!

Jane McLellan said...

Oh gosh, yes, not a good place in the process to drop stitches! Still, it's a set back but not a failure.

Pigmini said...

Oops!! Been there, done that, got t-shirt!! I pulled a pair out the other day because I'd done too few rows before the heel turn!! I feel your pain! You'll soon be back to where you were tho.....

Jane Eborall said...

I don’t think whatever sort of needles you use, Diane, it will ever stop an idiot like me picking them up ‘in the wrong way’ and causing a minor disaster!!
Absolutely, Jane, McLellan. It’ll never stop me from finishing them!!!
Can I tell you that I’ve got the copyright on that t-shirt, Pigmini!!!!!

Marthanne said...

I try to look at it as extra finger exercise. My fingers get lot of exercise at times.

Jane Eborall said...

I like that philosophy, Marthanne!!!

Rose Anne B said...

Aaaahhhhh that's too bad! But you did better than my project! I had to rippit to the beginning and start over and never finished!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you . I went back on second sock to heal after that happened. I was at toe and had needles slip off. 😪

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.